sw | Jan. 31, 2021, 10:32 p.m.
Just a short update for anyone reading.
I've been mostly working on some quality of life issues for the front- and backend of the website.
As the site grows, it's becoming harder to find the time to develop the site at a steady pace.
Luckily a friend has offered to help out, so the dev team now has twice as many hands.
We are working on drastically improving the backend of the site so that it becomes much easier to add other sources to the site later, such as wsb and twitter.
After this is done, my main focus will be adding new indicators to the site, such as image analysis, better ways to track shills across threads and incorporating price data. I'm also working on turning that data into trading signals.
As always, thanks for using this site, and stay tuned!
sw | Jan. 23, 2021, 8:21 p.m.
As requested, the front page was updated to include a filter.
By using the filter you can filter the table on the homepage by database entries that have your query in their symbol or name.
Currently working hard on rewriting the database and scraping algorithm so I can do some more advanced analysis, like incorporating post length and replies in the SI, analyzing post sentiment and analyzing image data. Exciting things coming.
sw | Jan. 19, 2021, 10:22 p.m.
I want to give a very big thank you to the donator who just covered server costs for at least half a year (hopefully more if ETH keeps mooning). It has been a lot of fun seeing you guys playing around with this thing I made. I hope to add a lot more utilities to the site in the short term.
- fixed a bug where shill_id's with special characters in them were resulted in a 404 page instead of their shill page
- improved the scraper so that it kan run at 3x speed with half the resources
- added a search bar so users can find their favorite term/coin.
sw | Jan. 19, 2021, 3:28 p.m.
Some optimizations have been made which significantly reduce the server load caused by scraping /biz/. This allows the scraper to run every three minutes now.
Up next are some UX improvements. Stay tuned.
sw | Jan. 17, 2021, 7:43 p.m.
I have temporarily increased the time between scrapes from five to ten minutes. I intend to get this time back to five or sub-five minutes as soon as possible.
The reason for this temporary change is an increase in site traffic. While I am hyped to see so many visitors, some functionality of the site is not yet optimized, which means the CPU spends a lot of time at 100% load. Yesterday the site briefly went down because of this. To ensure smooth operation for all users I took some load off the CPU while working on optimizing code.
I expect the time between scrapes to be back to five minutes or lower by within 24 hours. Until then, data on the site may be slightly delayed.
Thank you for your patience!
sw | Jan. 17, 2021, 12:40 a.m.
Thanks to a generous donation I was able to put this little project on a better server. I also moved some heavy computations to the back-end and optimized some code, so the site should be a lot faster now.
It's nice to know that this project is providing some value to someone out there. Thanks again buddy. Hope I can help you make that donation back tenfold.
sw | Jan. 17, 2021, 12:08 a.m.
First Post. Hello world.